Kaze no Uta with Makiko Goto
3 x 120′
Study Group for koto players led by international soloist, Makiko Goto. Kaze no Uta (Song of the Wind) was composed in 1970 by Tadao Sawai, founder of the Sawai Koto Academy. Many of Sawai’s duets were intended for shakuhachi player Yamamoto Hozan, who later became a national living treasure. This piece beautifully incorporates traditional and contemporary techniques of the koto into an expressive stream of music.
- The study group will be joined by one of our festival guests on the shakuhachi. The class will be lead in English.
- The recommended student level is beginner to advanced, the piece can be adjusted towards every student`s individual level. For example: beginner students will practice a slower simplified melody.
- The capacity of this study group is four students.
- Kotos for students will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own instrument.
- Score and recording will be provided by the festival.
Watch video of Kaze no Uta performed at Prague Shakuhachi Festival 2014 by Naoko Kikuchi and Antonio Enzan Olías.